Our Intensive Outpatient Program is a short-term (8-16 week) therapeutic after school program funded by private insurance for youth ages 6-14. We focus on crisis stabilization and long-term success planning to reduce high-risk behaviors and develop coping strategies and stress management skills.
We take a family-centered, strength-based approach and believe in continuous communication with families and outside provides. Our multi-disciplinary team maintains a low 1:3 staff to youth ratio to provide individualized attention, therapy, and daily skill-building groups.
our therapeutic approach
Therapy goals are established by the youth, family, and clinician. Each week, four forms of therapy are used and build upon one another to ensure skills are integrated into life.
- Group Therapy modifies negative behaviors by introducing coping strategies; increases social skills and self awareness; and promotes collective problem solving.
- Individual Therapy focuses on better understanding the causes of a youth’s behavior and is tailored to address identified treatment goals. We consider your child's age, development, and desired therapy modality.
- Family Therapy increases communication and conflict resolution skills among family members.
- Multi-family Therapy provides peer support and a forum to learn from and with other caregivers.
We use strength-based, evidenced-based and other best practice models including: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Solution Focused, Brief Strategic, Structural Play, and Expressive Arts Therapy.
3-5 days a week.
2:00-3:30 Arrivals / Academic Support
3:30-4:00 Check-in / Snack
4:00-5:00 Therapeutic Groups
5:00-6:00 Individualized Treatment Time
957 Industrial Road, Suite B, San Carlos, CA 94070
Transportation may be available
Who it helps
Our program can help youth with symptoms such as
- depressive behaviors
- signs of aggression
- high levels of anxiety
- low self-esteem
- unexplained sadness
- low impulse control
- family conflict
- disruptive classroom behaviors
We are available for phone consultation with outside providers, insurance case managers, and family members.
Theresa Navarro Bui MFT Intern, Clinical Case Manager
Danielle Zent, LMFT, IOP Program Manager/Clinical Supervisor