WHAT IS THIS?
Edgewood’s Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) provides youth and families a safe, structured, child-friendly and supportive place to address mental health needs. The CSU was created in conjunction with the San Francisco Department of Public Health to evaluate and triage children and youth ages 5-17 experiencing psychiatric crises.
Currently, most children in crisis situations end up in emergency facilities that are inadequately prepared to manage children experiencing a non-medical, emotional crisis.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
Edgewood’s staff specializes in serving children and families. The CSU offers child-focused evaluation and intervention in a family-friendly setting. We offer a wide range of services including:
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and risk assessment
- Medical screening
- Collaborative treatment planning with an individualized, strength-based focus
- Crisis stabilization and prevention
- Discharge planning including linkage with community supports and services
- Coping skills building and safety planning
- Parent and guardian support and education
Our multidisciplinary team provides nursing and clinical care 24/7.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Youth experiencing a psychiatric crisis in the city and county of San Francisco, or who need immediate crisis evaluation and stabilization services can come to the CSU.
Please contact the Crisis Stabilization Unit main line at 415-682-3278 for all CSU referrals.
Referrals are accepted 24/7 by phone or on-site. The CSU works in partnership with several departments including:
- SF United School District
- Kaiser Permanente
- Comprehensive Child Crisis Service
- San Francisco Police Department
Liz Siliato, LMFT
Lisa Neves, LCSW