What is this?
Edgewood’s Intensive Outpatient Program is an after-school program providing therapeutic treatments for behavioral and emotional issues. These issues can stem from family conflict, school failure, social and peer pressure, and aggressive interactions with others. We collaborate with providers and families to reduce high-risk behaviors, improve coping strategies, and support skill development, positive thinking, and resilience development.
Our team takes a strength-based approach to uncover the unique talents of each youth we serve. We help youth develop better strategies for managing stress and increase social functioning.
What services do you offer?
Participants and their families develop a wide range of social and interpersonal skills such as how to cope and engage with others, communication and collaborative problem solving, decision making, self-efficacy, and identifying community resources. Other services include:
- Weekly individual therapy to identify triggers and build coping strategies
- Weekly family therapy to increase communication and conflict resolution skills among family members
- Daily group therapy to promote self-awareness, introduce coping skills, and focus on solving problems collaboratively to reduce challenging behaviors.
- Life skills groups to reinforce skills in practical settings including social engagement, time management, nutrition/cooking, hygiene, and job skills activities.
- Expressive arts therapy to help youth learn how to express their feelings and thoughts through poetry, art, and movement
- Mindfulness groups to teach youth relaxation techniques that can be carried forward into daily life.
- Saturday caregiver group led by a therapist, which provides psycho-education, peer support, and a forum to learn from and with other caregivers.
Who is this for?
Edgewood’s Intensive Outpatient Services are designed to address and assist youth aged 12 to 17 who are struggling with behavioral and emotional issues. The program runs from 8 to 16 weeks. Our core programming is offered Monday through Friday from 3:30-6:30 pm, with youth attending 3-5 days a week. We also offer care coordination, links to supportive therapies for youth and their families, and weekly parent groups.
The support group meetings are the greatest. Edgewood has helped me in so many ways, especially related to addressing my emotional health.Kyle, Client
For more information about this program or to make a referral, please contact: