Everyone in San Francisco and San Mateo counties benefit from Edgewood because it changes the outcomes of so many children and families in our community for the better.Susan, Edgewood Auxiliary Member
ACUTE INTENSIVE SERVICES INFORMATION SHEET
What is this program?
Edgewood’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) assists children and adolescents in need of stabilization across a wide range of challenges. Through our program we address high risk emotional issues that can result in family conflict, school failure, poor peer relationships, and aggressive or self-harming behaviors.
What Services Do You Offer?
We specialize in diagnostic assessment and psychotropic medication evaluation and management. Services are offered Monday through Friday 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our goal is to make it easier for youth to receive acute care while remaining in their homes or community placement, rather than a hospital or emergency room. We provide thorough and collaborative treatment plans that address the needs of youth and support their quality of life.
Our multidisciplinary team utilizes a strengths-based approach to promote safety, teach useful skills, and adapt treatment plans as needed. Youth in this program have opportunities to practice and develop skills and relationships through opportunities provided on our seven-acre campus. Other services we provide include:
- Weekly individual therapyto identify triggers and build coping strategies
- Weekly family therapyto increase communication and conflict resolution skills among family members
- Daily group therapy to promote self-awareness, introduce coping skills, and focus on solving problems collaboratively to reduce challenging behaviors.
- Life skills and creative application groups to reinforce skills in practical settings including social engagement time management, nutrition/cooking as well as creative expression activities.
- Expressive arts therapyto help youth learn how to express their feelings and thoughts through poetry, art, and movement
- Mindfulness groups to teach youth relaxation techniques that can be carried forward into daily life.
Who is this for?
Edgewood’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) services are for youth between ages 12 and 17 who are struggling with severe mental health, behavioral, and emotional challenges.